Fall Aquatics Course
We are again offering the Swimming Merit Badge Class this fall. This class usually fills up fast so please register in advance!
These courses are available to all Registered Youth from the Scouts BSA program. Students taking the class need to be Strong Swimmers.
The class is Limited to the First 24 paid registrations.
COURSE COST: $60.00 for Swimming Merit Badge if paid by the registration deadline visible online.
Course Fees cover Pool/Facility Rentals and are non-refundable.
- If any Scout does not complete the requirements and receives a "Partial", they will be able to work with the instructor during another session at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
- It is recommended that all Scouts read and understand the printed material from the Swimming Merit Badge Pamphlet. All Scouts must bring appropriate swim attire, a towel and a Merit Badge “blue card” signed by their Scoutmaster.
- The swim classes will consist of skills and information that are required to complete the badge. Goggles recommended.
- Questions?? Call MCBSA at 732-536-2347 or email Mike Mannigrasso, Course Director, by clicking on his name to the right.
Swimming Merit Badge
- This course will meet on 9/12, 9/13, and either 9/19, 9/20 or 9/26 and 9/27.
- The class will be at the QHSR pool from 2:00 - 3:30 pm or 4:00 - 5:30 pm.
- In order for the Scout to continue with the requirements for Swimming Merit Badge, they must pass the BSA Swimmer's Test.
- During the class some time will be spent on stroke development to help the Scout to complete requirement # 3(Swim 150 yards continuously in good form and strong manner: 25yds Freestyle, 25 yds. Breaststroke, 25 yds. Side stroke,25 yds. Back Crawl,and 50 yds. Elementary Backstroke).
- Scouts will need to bring a towel, swim goggles (highly recommended), Swimming Merit Badge pamphlet, nose plugs, ear plugs (if needed), water bottle, and Blue Card (signed by Scoutmaster).
Swimming Merit Badge Course Fall 2020 September 12, 2020 to September 27
Swimming Merit Badge Course Fall 2020 4pm September 12, 2020 to September 27