Merit Badge Make Up Days
The Annual MCBSAU In-Person Workshop is an opportunity for Scouts BSA youth who have "partial" merit badges from any summer camp and are ready to complete the requirements with our counselors.
- $5 event fee per youth for on-time registration. Late Fees & Dates listed online in Tentaroo.
- Advance Registration is recommended as space for some instructors is limited.
- Walk-Ins will be accepted, space permitting.
- SIGN IN will begin at 9:00 am at the QUAIL HILL FIELD SPORTS PAVILION BY ARCHERY RANGE
- If you have additional questions, please call the office.
What is MCBSAU In-Person Workshop?
The MCBSAU In-Person Workshop is to give scouts an opportunity to finish a Merit Badge that they are currently holding a partial completion in already. Usually Merit Badges were not completed at summer camp because the scout did not complete the summer camp pre-requisites or did not complete a project. The MCBSAU program is not a Merit Badge fair and does not offer the opportunity to start work on Merit Badges. Participants must have Blue Card with them and be prepared when they arrive. They must have also reported to their Scoutmaster that they will be attending this event.
Scouts MUST bring the following items with them:
1. Blue Card – which indicates the requirements which have been completed and are pending completion.3. SIGN UP for the CLASS after you register for the event. There are no costs to the classes but will help us manage expectations for everyone on-site.
2. Material that completes the pending requirements (If the requirement ask the scout to discuss with the counselor please be prepared to discuss)
What Merit Badges can I complete at MCBSAU?
This event is staffed by our volunteer Merit Badge Counselors and trained Summer Camp Staff. We have confirmed the following badges will be available so far:
- Archery Merit Badge - Offering Requirement 5 ONLY
- Lifesaving Merit Badge - ONLY be offering to validate requirements 3, 7, 10, 14, 15, 17. No water rescues will be available.
If you need an different merit badge, please sign up for the event and bring the materials with you. See someone from event staff who may be able to connect you our FSR Camp Staff on-site who MAY be able to help you complete it.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up at the button below. Once you have signed up for the event, please select the Merit Badges that you want to come show work on.
Please remember that the workshop is not a Merit Badge Fair where our staff is teaching each of the badges. Our staff will be present to help your scouts complete their partials from any Summer Camp as long as they are prepared.