Monmouth Council will be offering Swimming Merit Badge, Lifesaving Merit Badge and BSA Lifeguard Classes. These classes usually fill up fast so please register in advance!
These courses are available to all Registered Youth from the Scouts BSA program. Students taking the class need to be Strong Swimmers.
Each Class is Limited to the First 24 paid registrations.
COURSE COST: Each of these courses has its own event fees which are listed within our registration system. No registration will be honored without advance payment in full. Please click CHECKOUT when registering.
Course Fees cover Pool/Facility Rentals and are non-refundable.
- If any Scout does not complete the requirements and receives a "Partial", they will be able to work with the instructor during another session at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
- It is recommended that all Scouts read and understand the printed material from the Swimming & Lifesaving Merit Badge Pamphlets. All Scouts must bring appropriate swim attire, a towel and a Merit Badge “blue card” signed by their Scoutmaster.
- The swim classes will consist of skills and information that are required to complete the badge. Goggles recommended.
- Questions?? Call MCBSA at 732-536-2347 or email Mike Mannigrasso, Course Director, by clicking on his name to the right.
Swimming Merit Badge
- The course wil be run 8/21-8/22, 8/28/8/29 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm (make up on 9/1-9/2).
- In order for the Scout to continue with the requirements for Swimming Merit Badge, they must pass the BSA Swimmer's Test.
- During the 6 week session some time will be spent on stroke development to help the Scout to complete requirement # 3(Swim 150 yards continuously in good form and strong manner: 25yds Freestyle, 25 yds. Breaststroke, 25 yds. Side stroke,25 yds. Back Crawl,and 50 yds. Elementary Backstroke)..
Lifesaving Merit Badge
- The course wil be run 8/21-8/22, 8/28/8/29 from 4:00 - 5:30 pm (make up on 9/1-9/2).
- Minimum age to sign up for the course is 15.
- In order for the Scout to continue with the requirements for Lifesaving Merit Badge they must; pass the BSA Swimmer's Test and the pre-req. of a 400 yard continuous swim which consists of 50 yds of Freestyle, 50 yds. of Breastroke, 50 yds. of Side stroke, 50 yds. of Elementary Backstroke, and 200 yds of any of the strokes listed above
- Scouts will need to bring a long sleeve button down shirt and long pants with a zipper for the 3rd session.
- NOTE: Scouts must sign up in pairs as they will be practicing on each other. If a Scout does not have another Scout as a partner a family member who resides with you can attend.
- The course fee will only apply to those who are working on the merit badge. Partners who are not working on the badge will not be charged.
- The course wil be run5/22-5/23 from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.