Winter Aquatics Courses
Through our partnership with the Freehold Family YMCA, we are again offering both Swimming and Lifesaving Merit Badge Classes this Winter. These classes usually fill up fast so please register in advance!
These courses are available to all Registered Youth from the Scouts BSA program. Students taking the class need to be Strong Swimmers.
Each Class is Limited to the First 25 paid registrations.
COURSE COST: $60.00 for Swimming Merit Badge and $65.00 for Lifesaving Merit Badge.
Course Fees cover Pool/Facility Rentals and are non-refundable.
- If any Scout does not complete the requirements and receives a "Partial", they will be able to work with the instructor during another session at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
- It is recommended that all Scouts read and understand the printed material from the Swimming & Lifesaving Merit Badge Pamphlets. All Scouts must bring appropriate swim attire, a towel and a Merit Badge “blue card” signed by their Scoutmaster.
- The swim classes will consist of skills and information that are required to complete the badge. Goggles recommended.
- Questions?? Call MCBSA at 732-536-2347 or email Mike Mannigrasso, Course Director, by clicking on his name to the right.
Swimming Merit Badge (January, February, March - 6 Week Session)
- The course dates will be announced when available
- In order for the Scout to continue with the requirements for Swimming Merit Badge, they must pass the BSA Swimmer's Test.
- During the 6 week session some time will be spent on stroke development to help the Scout to complete requirement # 3(Swim 150 yards continuously in good form and strong manner: 25yds Freestyle, 25 yds. Breaststroke, 25 yds. Side stroke,25 yds. Back Crawl,and 50 yds. Elementary Backstroke)..
Lifesaving Merit Badge (March and April - 7 Week Session)
- The course dates will be announced when available.
- In order for the Scout to continue with the requirements for Lifesaving Merit Badge they must; pass the BSA Swimmer's Test and the pre-req. of a 400 yard continuous swim which consists of 50 yds of Freestyle, 50 yds. of Breastroke, 50 yds. of Side stroke, 50 yds. of Elementary Backstroke, and 200 yds of any of the strokes listed above
- Scouts will need to bring a long sleeve button down shirt and long pants with a zipper for the 3rd session.