Winter Aquatics Courses
2019 Swimming and Lifesaving MB Courses Flyer Coming Soon!
MERIT BADGE COURSE Information
· AVAILABLE TO ALL REGISTERED BOY SCOUTS. (Strong Swimmers)
· LIMITED PARTICIPATION TO FIRST 25 TO REGISTER AND PAY ONLINE.
· COST: $60.00 for Swimming Merit Badge merit badge for all 6 sessions. $65 for Lifesaving merit badge for all 7 sessions. All payments are non-refundable.
· If any Scout does not complete the requirements and receives a "Partial", they will be able to work with the instructor during another session at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
· It is recommended that all Scouts read and understand the printed material from the Swimming & Lifesaving Merit Badge Pamphlets. All Scouts must bring swim trunks, a towel and a bluecard signed by their Scoutmaster.
· The swim classes will consist of skills and information that are required to complete the badge. Goggles recommended.
· Questions?? Call MCBSA at 732-536-2347 or email Mike Mannigrasso at email@example.com.
SWIMMING MERIT BADGE (Dates - 27th (skip Super Bowl Sunday on Feb.3rd - requested from parents),2/10, 2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/10.)
1. In order for the Scout to continue with the requirements for Swimming Merit Badge, they must pass the BSA Swim Test.
2. During the 6 week session some time will be spent on stroke development to help the Scout to complete requirement
# 3 (Swim 150 yards continuously in good form and strong manner: 25yards Freestyle, 25 yds. Breaststroke, 25 yds.
Side stroke, 25 yds. Back Crawl, and 50 yds. Elementary Backstroke).
3. Scouts will need to bring a long sleeve button down shirt and long pants with a zipper for the 3rd session.
LIFESAVING MERIT BADGE (Dates- 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/7, 4/14, (skip Easter on 4/21), 4/28, 5/5.)
1. In order for the Scout to continue with the requirements for Lifesaving Merit Badge they must; pass the BSA Swim Test and the pre-req. of a 400 yard continuous swim which consists of 50 yds of Freestyle, 50 yds. of Breastroke, 50 yds. of Side stroke, 50 yds. of Elementary Backstroke, and 200 yds of any of the strokes listed above.
2. Scouts will need to bring a long sleeve button down shirt and long pants with a zipper for the 3rd session.