March 25, 2020
The Governor of New Jersey signed an Executive Order over the weekend asking all of us to stay at home.
All non-essential businesses closed physical locations to help with social distancing and flattening the curve. The continued goal is to attempt to blunt the rising number of cases and allow hospitals and health personnel to treat those who already have the virus.
If you or your family needs help, to learn more about symptoms, getting tested or anything related to COVID-19, please check out state resources here: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/ncov.shtml
As for Monmouth Council:
All employees of Monmouth Council, BSA, are working from home and striving to keep the operation moving forward remotely.
We continue to communicate through three channels. Be sure to stay connected:
- Like/follow our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MonmouthCouncil/
- Be sure to sign up for our E-News if you haven’t already
- Stay tuned to the website: https://www.monmouthbsa.org/
You can still contact all staff at 732-536-2347 or using their direct lines.
Despite these challenging times, Scouting continues!
- As a reminder, all face-to-face meetings – units, districts, and council – remain suspended through April 15th. But the need for Scouting is more important than ever.
- Have you seen all the available content for you and your unit? Our team is working hard to keep Scouting alive and active for your family and unit. Please check out Monmouth Council’s Virtual Scouting page: www.monmouthbsa.org/virtualscouting
As young people and their families spend time at home, it is essential the program continues to be delivered. The council requests all meetings continue remotely. Monmouth Council has purchased Zoom licensing for Unit and District use. Please find the sign-up instructions at https://www.monmouthbsa.org/vs-webconf.
The BSA is the leader in teaching young people to “do their best” and “be prepared.” For 110-years, our organization has risen to the occasion during times of crisis.
Let’s use this challenging time to rise to the occasion, help stem the tide and continue to deliver Scouting the best way we can.
Please share this communication with others who may not be receiving it.
Stay tuned for more updates and thank you for all you do on behalf of our youth!
March 20, 2020
Further, MCBSA strongly suggests that individual Scout units follow this policy. The final decision on continued unit activities will be the responsibility of the unit committee in consultation with their chartered organization and, in some cases, their meeting facilities until such time as new guidance is issued.
Monmouth Council will re-evaluate if it is necessary to further close our Scouting activities and Service Center on April 1st. We appreciate your understanding during this trying time and wish all of you healthy and safety. Below are some resources for your to continue your Scouting adventure virtually until in person meetings resume.