National Youth Leadership Training
National Youth Leadership Training is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide youth members of the Boy Scouts of America with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
For many years, junior leader training (JLT) was an important part of the leadership training continuum of BSA local councils throughout America. A task force of leadership experts and hundreds of Scouts in pilot courses across the nation reviewed and tested every aspect of the current NYLT syllabus, which incorporates the latest leadership ideas and presents fresh, vital, and meaningful training for today’s Scouts.
LEADERS: Why Send Youth from your Unit?
- Develop your youth members’ leadership potential.
- Strengthen your unit.
- Encourage youth to create vision, plan activities, and execute goals.
YOUTH: Why Attend?
- Expand your leadership experience and abilities.
- Apply lessons learned to improve your unit.
- Inspire members of your unit to also become better leaders.
Please note: You will need your Unit Leader Recommendation Form to submit your registration. All participants must have completed ILST/ILSC/ILSS within their units.