OA New Member Induction Weekends
Congratulations on your election as a candidate for the Order of the Arrow, Scouting’s National Honor Society! Our Order recognizes campers who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives.
If you were elected by the members of your troop but that have not been fully admitted, you are considered a Candidate. As a candidate, you would need to attend one of the Pow Wows in the year you were elected to become a member of our lodge.
When are the Induction Weekends?
Your next step to become a member of Na Tsi Hi Lodge is to attend one of our two Member Induction Weekends (also referred to as Pow Wows), which are scheduled as follows:
- Spring Membership Induction Weekend (at Forestburg)
- Event Dates : May 30 - June 2, 2019
- Registration Deadline: May 25
- Late Registrations: accepted until June 1, $50 per candidate
- Fall Membership Induction Weekend (at Quail Hill)
- Event Date: September 6-8, 2019
- Registration Deadline: August 30
- Late Registrations: accepted untl September 5, $50 per candidate
You must complete one of these two weekends to become a member of our Lodge and Scouting's Honor Society. If you miss both weekends in a calender year, you would need to be re-elected by your unit.
Advance Registration is Required
- The event fee is $40 as long as you pay online by the above registration deadline.
- This fee includes your lodging, food, new member sash, new member handbook, and event patch.
- You will need to arrive between 6pm and 8pm on Friday night
- Late Arrivals and Early Departures are not permitted for OA Candidates.
- The Induction process starts at 8pm Friday night.
What Do I Need to Bring as an OA Candidate?
- Bring a COPY of your BSA Medical Form (Parts A & B) to the event.
- For the rest of the gear needed, please follow these instructions that were given to you at your Unit's Election Ceremony or from your unit leader.
How Do I register as a Candidate?
If you are a Candidate:
- Fill out the Form below.
- Please choose Candidate to the first dropdown.
- The event cost will be $40 (or higher if you register late)