OA New Member Induction Weekends
Congratulations on your election as a candidate for the Order of the Arrow, Scouting’s National Honor Society! Our Order recognizes campers who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives.
If you were elected by the members of your unit but that have not been fully admitted, you are considered a Candidate. As a candidate, you would need to attend one of the Induction Weekends in the year you were elected to become a member of our lodge.
If you already have your OA Sash, you are a Member. We would encourage all of our members to come back out and help us induct new members into our lodge.
When are the Induction Weekends?
Your next step to become a member of Na Tsi Hi Lodge is to attend one of our t wo Member Induction Weekends (also referred to as Service Weekends), which are scheduled as follows:
- Spring Service & New Member Induction WEEKEND (at Forestburg)
- Event Dates : FRIDAY May 20 to SUNDAY May 22, 10AM
- On-Time Registration Deadline: May 14
- Late/Walk-In Candidate Registrations: $50 per candidate
- Fall Service & New Member Induction WEEKEND (at Quail Hill)
- Event Dates: FRIDAY September 9 to SUNDAY September 11, 10AM
- On-Time Registration Deadline: August 31
- Late/Walk-In Candidate Registrations:$50 per candidate
You must completeone of these two events to become a member of our Lodge and Scouting's Honor Society.
Advance Registration is Required
- The event fee is $45 as long as you pay online by the above registration deadline.
- This fee includes your lodging, food, new member sash, new member handbook, and event patch.
- Late Arrivals and Early Departures are NOT permitted for OA Candidates.
- The Induction process starts at 9pm Friday night.
What Do I Need to Bring as an OA Candidate?
- Bring a COPY of your BSA Medical Form (Parts A & B) to the event. Any copies left behind will be shredded by the event's medical officer.
- For the rest of the gear needed, please follow these instructions for 2022 that may have been given to you at your Unit's Election Ceremony or from your unit leader.
Parents: If you would want to help volunteer your time at the camp for the weekend as our guests instead of driving home, please reach out to the Lodge Adviser to discuss. Current YPT training will be required and you will not see your Scout until Saturday night at the event.
How Do I register as a Candidate or as a Lodge Member
- Fill out the Form below.
- Please choose Candidate or Member to the first dropdown.
- Remember to bring a copy of your Medical Form (parts A/B) to the event
We will be following all CDC and local guidelines to ensure everyone's safety at our event. Any questions about the check-in process or protocols can be directed towards the Lodge Adviser