Adult Basic Backpacking
Adult Basic Backpacking is a training course held over multiple classes intended for participants of a High Adventure Trek to introduce them to backpacking concepts and prepare them for Philmont or similar backpacking treks
The course is designed for Scouters with little or no backpacking experience, or those who had experience as a Scout but haven’t backpacked in a while. An enthusiastic staff with loads of experience will introduce you to a wide variety of topics to get you started backpacking. Check out our gear, listen to our stories, and ask us your questions!
This course is open to all registered Adults. A current BSA Medical Form is required to attend the last two outdoor classes.
Course Dates for 2019:
- Thursday, September 19th, 7 – 9:30 p.m., Monmouth Council Service Center
- Tuesday, October 8th, 7 – 9:30 p.m., Monmouth Council Service Center
- Saturday, October 26th, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Turkey Swamp Park, Freehold, NJ
- Saturday & Sunday, November 2nd - 3rd on the trail: TBD
Upcoming Course Flyers
- Adult Basic Backpacking - 2019 Course Flyer
|QHSR Camp Director||Sandy Byard|