Training: Den Chief
Den Chief Training (DC) is needed in order for a Boy Scout or Venturer to serve as a Den Chief for Cub Scout Den. Den Chief is a leadership position in the Troop or Crew, a requirement for many steps in Boy Scout and Venturer advancement.
The Training is also for adults: Scoutmasters, Cubmasters, Den Leaders, Den Chief Coordinators, Trainers, Venturing Advisors and parents interested in the program.
The Den Chief plays an important role in Scouting:
- Serves as a model for the boys in the den, as well as the entire pack
- Promotes Scouting in general and the local troop in particular
- Facilitates the transition of Webelos Scouts into Boy Scouting
After completing the training a Den Chief is capable of effectively assisting the den leader with planning and conducting den meetings and:
- Understands the Cub Scouting program and the differences between Cub Scouting and Boy Scouting
- Will be comfortable with the den leader’s duties and confident in carrying them out
- Is familiar with resources for age-appropriate activities for Cub Scouts
- Has a repertoire of activities that Cub Scouts enjoy
Upcoming Course Flyers